Date: 10th October
Time: 9PM IST (4:30PM BST)
Venue: Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur
The second game of the night is a zone A match between home side Jaipur Pink Panthers and Dabang Delhi. Jaipur still have an outside chance for the playoffs but this looks unlikely, Delhi are only playing for pride right now.
Jaipur Pink Panthers: LWLLW
Dabang Delhi: LLLLL
(last 5 games most recent first, W = won, D = draw, L = lost)
Jaipur Pink Panthers struggled against Pune and although they made a decent comeback ultimately it wasn’t enough. Also losing to Pune has made the gap to the top 3 almost impossible to breach and even if Jaipur win all their games it probably won’t be enough to qualify. However they can easily win this one.
Dabang Delhi have probably had the worst season out of all 12 teams, they have never really got going and the defence has been a shambles all season. The raiding has been okay and many players have picked up a few raid points however without a solid defence it is impossible to win matches. They really need to work on this for next season.
I can’t really see how Delhi are going to trouble Jaipur, it should be a overwhelming victory.
Prediction: Jaipur Pink Panthers 40-25 Dabang Delhi
Players to watch
- For Jaipur Pink Panthers Pawan Kumar has been raiding fantastically well scoring 105 raid points in just 17 matches.
- In defence watch out for Manjeet Chhillar, if he plays he can tackle anyone and can well win the game with his defensive duties only, he has 43 tackle points in just 13 matches.
- For Dabang Delhi Meraj Sheykh has been their best raider picking up 89 raid points in 19 matches.
Team News and Predicted Line-ups
Although Sunil Siddhgavali did well coming off the bench I don’t see Jaipur making any unforced changes. The side did well against U Mumba and so against Delhi they should more than capable of winning.
Dabang Delhi have nothing to play for and may continue with their youngsters in defence. Meraj Sheykh is in danger of being dropped after some poor performances. Vishal and Tushar could make way for Bajirao and Viraj Vishnu Landge but this is unlikely.
Jaipur Pink Panthers: Nitin Rawal, Tushar Patil, Manjeet Chhillar (C), Pawan Kumar, Somvir Shekhar, Sidharth, Jasvir Singh.
Dabang Delhi: Satpal, Abolfazl Maghsodlou (✈️), Tushar Bhoir, Rohit Baliyan, Vishal, Meraj Sheykh (✈️, C), Sunil Kumar.
Dream11 Fantasy Picks
This new section is just my picks for the Dream11 fantasy game, if a player doesn’t do well then don’t hold me accountable because it is just an opinion! If you haven’t already check out my Dream11 Fantasy Kabaddi Tips first before reading below.
- Definite players to pick for this match are probably Manjeet Chhillar and Pawan Kumar.
- In defence I’d suggest picking at least one of either Satpal or Nitin Rawal.
- For the differential players you might want to consider Rohit Baliyan, Abolfazl or Jasvir Singh.
- Rohit Baliyan scored 7 raid points in his last match and could continue his fine form, Abolfazl can score a lot of raid points and has generally been better than Rohit Baliyan and may produce a nice return. Jasvir Singh is unplayable on his day and scored 9 points against U Mumba and may do well against Dabang Delhi.
- I’d suggest going for 3 raiders and 1 or 2 all rounders.
I’ve gone with Pawan Kumar, Jasvir Singh and Rohit Baliyan as my 3 raiders and my all rounders are Manjeet Chhillar and Meraj Sheykh with Satpal and Nitin Rawal in defence. My captain is Jasvir Singh and my vice captain is Pawan Kumar.
Alternatively you can swap either Pawan Kumar or Jasvir Singh for Abolfazl if you think Delhi are going to do well. The captain and vice captain choices are critical here since it is difficult to predict who will score well. I think Jasvir will raid a lot and so may pick up the most points, however Pawan Kumar could be a better choice.
SPKabaddi’s seven: Jasvir Singh (C), Pawan Kumar (VC), Manjeet Chhillar, Nitin Rawal, Satpal, Meraj Sheykh, Rohit Baliyan.