Date: 10th October
Time: 8PM IST (3:30PM BST)
Venue: Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur
Zone: Interzone A v B
The first game of the night is an interzone match between U Mumba and Tamil Thalaivas. Unfortunately this game is a bit of a dead rubber since both teams cannot make the playoffs, however that should mean they will play with less pressure and it should be a good match.
U Mumba: LLWWW
Tamil Thalaivas: LLLLL
(last 5 games most recent first, W = won, D = draw, L = lost)
U Mumba lost to Jaipur last time around and this ended their hopes of a play off place. But this isn’t where U Mumba went wrong this season, they started poorly and then with key injuries their defence really struggled and that meant they had lost too many games early on in the season and coming back from that was always going to be difficult.
Tamil Thalaivas had a torrid home leg losing all of their matches however like U Mumba they struggled at the start of the season and left themselves with too much to do. However this is something they can build on for the next season and they were unlucky to lost some games as the margins for these losses were very slim.
It is going to be a good battle between Ajay Thakur and Joginder Narwal and Tamil Thalaivas’ hopes lie on Ajay Thakur. The Tamil defence is going to have a tough time defending against the U Mumba raiders and so I’m going for a U Mumba win.
Prediction: U Mumba 35-30 Tamil Thalaivas
Players to watch
- For U Mumba both Anup Kumar and Kashiling Adake have scored big points this season scoring 108 and 114 raid points between them respectively.
- In defence watch out for Surinder as he can be very good sometimes but can make a lot of mistakes as well, he has 52 tackle points in 20 matches.
- For Tamil Thalaivas Ajay Thakur has had a great season scoring 170 raid points in 19 matches.
- In defence Amit Hooda has impressed picking up 51 tackle points in 19 matches.
Team News and Predicted Line-ups
Since both team have failed to qualify it is possible that there could be a lot of changes to the side.
U Mumba will have Kashi and Anup leading the raiding lineup and in defence Surinder Kuldeep and Hadi should all start. The final raiding position will go to either Shabeer or Shrikant and the final defensive position to either Joginder or Deepak Yadav.
Tamil Thalaivas will have Ajay Thakur and K. Prapanjan lead the raiding lineup with Amit Hooda and Darshan J in defence. The other positions are up for grabs but Vineet Kumar will likely take the third raiding position and the other two defensive positions are difficult to predict. Anil Kumar may continue and the final defensive position could go to Vijin Thangadurai, but if C. Arun comes back he will go straight into the lineup.
U Mumba: Surinder Singh, Anup Kumar (C), Shrikant Jadav, Kashiling Adake, Kuldeep Singh, Joginder Narwal, Hadi Oshtorak (✈️).
Tamil Thalaivas: Amit Hooda, Ajay Thakur (C), K Prapanjan, C. Arun, Vineet Kumar, Darshan J., Anil Kumar.
Dream11 Fantasy Picks
This new section is just my picks for the Dream11 fantasy game, if a player doesn’t do well then don’t hold me accountable because it is just an opinion! If you haven’t already check out my Dream11 Fantasy Kabaddi Tips first before reading below.
- Definite players to pick for this match are raiders Ajay Thakur and Anup Kumar.
- In defence I’d suggest picking at least one of either Surinder or Amit Hooda.
- For the differential players you might want to consider Darshan J, K. Prapanjan, Hadi Oshtorak.
- Darshan J scored a huge 6 tackle points in the last match, K. Prapanjan is inconsistent but can score a lot of raid points if he plays well, Hadi scored 4 tackle points in the last match and may be getting to grips with the league to showcase his talent.
- I’d suggest going for 3 raiders 1 all rounder and 3 defenders.
For this match I have gone raid heavy, and I have Ajay Thakur, Anup Kumar and Kashiling Adake as my 3 raiders, Shrikant Jadav is my all rounder and in defence I have Surinder, Darshan J, and Hadi Oshtorak. Shrikant is a risk since he didn’t start last match but he still scored 3 points from the bench. My captain is Ajay Thakur and Anup Kumar is my vice captain.
Alternatively you can swap Kashi with Prapanjan, or you can swap Shrikant for Kuldeep Singh but otherwise its difficult to improve on the selection, selecting the right captain could be key.
SPKabaddi’s seven: Ajay Thakur (C), Anup Kumar (VC), Kashiling Adake, Shrikant Jadav, Surinder Singh, Hadi Oshtorak, Darshan J.